Nominations Open for Board of Directors 2023
Surfing WA is seeking nominations from members wanting to stand for election for two of the five Elected Director positions on our Board. These are voluntary positions for a term of two years.
The Board of Surfing WA values a diversity of people, relevant skills, and experience among its members. Surfing WA is committed to gender diversity within all levels of the sport in Western Australia, including a balanced representation of gender within its leadership. Females interested in this opportunity to contribute to Surfing WA at a strategic level are strongly encouraged to nominate for the vacant Board positions.
Elected Directors are elected by the members of Surfing WA and should bring to the Board the views and opinions of the membership as they relate to the overall decision making and strategic direction of Surfing WA.
- Attend and actively engage in SWA Board meetings.
- Attend and represent SWA at key functions and events.
- Be available to attend state series events and/or meetings where practical.
- Participate and contribute to additional internal Board committees.
- Provide advice relevant to their individual area of expertise.
- Communicate to the CEO regarding Board issues relevant to code constituents.
- Access personal networks for the benefit of Surfing WA.
Nominees are required to submit the relevant Nomination Form which includes a written statement of no more than 200 words outlining their background, relevant skills and any policies or matters they would like to pursue if elected.
All nominees must be a current Surfing WA member and have the support of two current Surfing WA members.
Your nomination will need to be submitted to the Surfing WA CEO Mark Lane at [email protected] by 4pm Friday 13 October 2023.