The 2022 Australian Surf Championships are back and set to be bigger and better than ever as the Port Macquarie Great Region’s plethora of epic wave options gets set to host the event from August 5th, 2022.
With renowned surf hot spots ranging from Town Beach to North Haven, the region is expected to provide weeks of pumping conditions over the course of the 17-day competition.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Mayor Peta Pinson is excited to welcome the event and its supporters for the first time.
“It’s a point of pride to know that our beautiful region is nationally recognised as a prime location for events like these. After a difficult period with no activity and buzz, I’m both grateful and excited to welcome over 500 competitors, who will no doubt explore and energise our towns right across the coastline.
“We have a strong community of surfers locally, and I know there is great excitement in seeing both up-and-coming and established surfers trying for Australian titles, especially for our younger surfers who aspire to do the same.”
Surfing Australia CEO Chris Mater said: “Surfing Australia is stoked to be able to run the Australian Surf Championships in conjunction with Surfing New South Wales, in such an epic wave-rich location as Port Macquarie. We can’t wait to watch Australia’s best surfers perform at the many great locations the region will provide.”
NOTE: Entry to all Australian Titles is by state qualification or invitation. If you have qualified through your respective state titles, please enter via your state branch.
NOTE: All events and event dates are subject to change. Surfing Australia strictly adheres to any Federal Government directive regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic.
· Australian Surf Championships – Port Macquarie, NSW – August 5 – 22, 2022
· August 5 – Opening Ceremony for the Australian Shortboard Titles
· August 6 – 10 – Period for the Australian Shortboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
· August 10 – Opening Ceremony for the Australian Longboard Titles
· August 11 – 19 – Period for the Australian Longboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
· August 20 – Australian Para Surfing Titles (All divisions on standby)
· August 21 – 22 – Period for the Reflections Holiday Parks Australian Bodyboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
ALL EVENT INFO HERE: https://australiansurfchampionships.com/
The Australian Surf Championships is proudly supported by the NSW Government through its tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW.
The event is also proudly supported by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, the Australian Institute of Sport, Reflections Holiday Park, mySURF.tv, Surfing Australia and Surfing NSW.